Friday, September 19, 2008

My Butt was Smoking!

For almost 13 hours but worth it! I've had a pork butt in the freezer for a few months now. I knew it was going to be a production to cook and we needed to wait for an 'easy' weekend that we could dedicate to the smoking process. So - at 7:00 a.m. we got up and started to prepare the smoker. The butt was rubbed (gawd...I love saying that) and ready to cook low and slow! End result was a tender piece of moist meat - half that I pulled for sandwiches; the other half I sliced for later in the week.



My Rub
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Paprika
1/4 cup Pepper
1/4 cup Kosher Salt
2 TB Cayenne
2 TB Garlic Powder
2 TB Onion Powder
2 TB Chili Powder

My Mop

1 Bottle of Beer
1/2 cup Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Oil
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder




No comments: