Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sausage and Sauerkraut

One of my favorite meals. Mark tolerates it so I plan it on nights he's out of town. Except he ended up NOT being out of town. So, sue me. This isn't a McDonald's drive through ya know.

Of course I had to try something new. It had the usual components of smoked sausage and sauerkraut but you add some chicken stock, a whole mess of onions and the best part -- SOUR CREAM. In my book, if you add sour cream to anything it's a winner. This was pretty gross. Trust me - it's not even worth cutting and pasting the recipe in here. And poor Mark was scared to say anything. I have two more helpings to get through and then I can erase the entire thing from my mind.

I also roasted some cauliflower which I doused in butter and grated asiago cheese and that was super good! Again....I'm sure Mark was less than thrilled! The picture looks like blobs of white goo...which pretty much sums up the entire dinner!


Oh....and could someone come in to my house and get rid of that damn pineapple upside down cake! Today!

No comments: