Sunday, June 1, 2008

Let's Try This Again, Shall We??

Today is my birthday.

I'm embarrassed by the number of birthday presents my family gave me.

  • Picture frames
  • Candles/Candle Holders
  • Toaster (digital!)
  • Oven Liner
  • FSU Serving Platter
  • Movie
  • Croc Sandals
  • 2 - Cake Plates
  • Placemats and Napkins
  • A Vase
  • Bealls Gift Certificate
  • A Painting for over the sofa

Then I'm embarrassed over dwelling on the thing I didn't get --

  • Fake fruit for the bowl in the living room!

Them I'm depressed that I miss my son and thought that he felt bad about not being there today.

I loved my birthday meals. My mother-in-law made spaghetti and meatballs with garlic toast and salad. For dessert we had pineapple upside down cake. It was all delicious.

Today, my ma made her brisket that is delicious with cranberries and portobella mushrooms and lots of wine that it bakes in. She had carrots, green beans, mashed potatoes, bread and then carrot cake for dessert. For appetizers she had sangria, olive tapenade, marinated fresh mozzerella and spicy almonds. It was very yummy and I'm still full.

I am going to charge my camera and start this blogging thing ALL OVER. I will also be blogging my low-carb successes and failures. Mostly failures if the past is any prediction!! But I'll give it a whirl.

By the way, I'm 48 years old. And not in a Heather Locklear sort of way, either.... which is another reason for my depression.

No comments: