Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I didn’t leave work until 5:30 p.m. I know that doesn’t sound bad for the average office type work – but I start work no later than 6:30 a.m. Mark was home so I called him to pull something out of the freezer. “Woe-Is-Me-Because-It’s-Monday-And-I-Can’t-Find-Work-Today Mark” didn’t know what he felt like eating. Definitely not stroganoff, not leftover soup and sandwiches, not pizza, not even corndogs! We ended going to Beef O’Brady’s.

Wing places are a dime a dozen these days, I know. And I do like Wing House (but I wish they would separate the wing pieces) and I like Hooters (but I wish their wings were a bit saucier). But after the smoke clears, I always go back to Beef’s for the wings. They are crispy and nice sized. The hot-level sauce is just right with a touch of sweetness. Monday through Friday until 7:00 p.m. wings are 49 cents each. I got 15 wings for about the price of what 10 would normally be. I also got a side of coleslaw. Mark doesn’t like the coleslaw but I’ve always been a bit partial to the coleslaw with pineapple in it. Both items were wonderful. I forced myself to hold back 6 of the wings for lunch the next day but honestly I could have eaten every one of them.

Mark got the Baja Shrimp Wrap with potato salad. He said the potato salad was really good even though it was a little on the sweet side. He didn’t mention anything about the wrap, but, considering it was gone in under a minute, I think it was a hit.

Another of my favorite sandwiches is the Roast Beef Garlic Melt. My mom turned me on to this one. It’s roast beef on garlic bread with provolone and onions. Then it’s pressed and served hot. It is very yummy. I highly recommend this if – and only if – you’re not in the mood for wings!

Once again, no camera = no pictures. I do however have it in my purse which is a step closer!!

No comments: