Sunday, August 24, 2008

Addiction Warning!

Grilled Jalapeno Poppers

I tried making these once before and they were a flop. I think that I tried to cook them fast – like my bacon wrapped shrimp – so the bacon would get nice and crispy. So I changed my strategy – LOW AND SLOW this time and it worked well.

I sliced the jalapenos in half. Gutted them (not completely because I wanted a bit of heat) and stuffed 4 peppers with a sharp cheddar cheese spread and the other four with cream cheese with some onion and garlic powder. I put the two halves together and bound them with a piece of bacon. Now I think that most people would have maybe cut the piece of bacon in half? Seriously?? I say…the more bacon, the better!

I had the grill on low and cooked the peppers with the lid on. I had a bit of cheese bubble out but not much. I also – about half way through – turned off one of the burners and cook on indirect heat just to slow the cheese escaping.


(this is NOT my picture -- this is courtesy of 'longelegantlegs' on allrecipes)


These were REALLY good. I mean, REALLY GOOD. The peppers were hot….ya know sometimes you can’t really know how hot they’re going to be. I had tears running down my face but yet….could not quit eating them. I will definitely do this again and experiment with the flavors and cheese inside the peppers.

No comments: