Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tomato Soup

Another Pioneer Woman recipe - Tomato Soup. We have an abundance of tomatoes right now and it will be the last of them (due to the freeze) until the next crop is ready in March. I fried some green ones Friday night but had a bunch of ripe ones to use up. Decided on the soup since I'm traveling this week and I think Mark can manage to heat some of that up while I'm gone :)

Another non-picture post.... sorry!

Here's the link http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/02/sherried_tomato_soup/

My changes --
  • I roasted tomatoes in the oven with olive oil, salt and pepper. I pureed them with the stick blender and used them instead of the canned tomatoes.
  • I used 1 cup of chicken broth instead of cooking sherry and the chicken base.
  • I glugged in about 1/4 cup of REAL dry sherry.
  • I pureed the entire soup so it was creamy.

At first I thought it tasted like NOTHING. Then I let it cool down a bit and I thought it was really good. I'd give it a 8 out of 10 and I would make it again!

No comments: