Sunday, January 17, 2010

Anyone Out There?

Question is.... anyone in HERE! Here's a recipe from my new hero, The Pioneer Woman. These were very good -- I'd give them an 8 out of 10 -- and will definitely make them again. The only reason they weren't higher is because they kind of fell apart when I took them from the pan to the plate. The corn tortilla fell apart but that may be because I skip the 'quick fry' part. Wish I had a picture. I'll have to remember to move my camera back over to my work area so I'll have it handy. I'll try to get back into the swing of things here!

For some reason I can't cut and paste from the website to this template. So, here's the link to the recipe -- http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/09/simple-perfect-enchiladas/

And here's what I did different.

Sauce -- no changes. I prepared it as written. I did make this early in the day and let in simmer a bit.

Meat -- I had some shredded pot roast in onions that I mixed with the canned green chillies. Turned out wonderful. Although I can't wait to try with ground beef.

Assembly -- didn't quick fry the tortillas in oil. Big mistake. The tortillas fell apart as I said earlier. Also I didn't have any black olives so I left those out.

No comments: