Sunday, January 27, 2008

Wal-Mart. I could go on forever. I banned them once and honestly did not step foot in the store for years. I became an avid Target shopper. And still am generally. And although I may be a bit hypocritical, I hate the conglomeration that Wal-Mart represents. I hate that they smear out small towns because 'main-street' businesses can't compete with the giant mega-store. But yet -- sometimes, you just have to go there or else spend all day store hopping. Today, for instance, Mark needed work gloves and I needed paper supplies, cat and dog food and hair color. We compromised and went to Wal-Mart. Ugh. Selfishness for our own time wins out. I suck.

And what really sucks is that they do have the cheapest prices. But what happens when you go there? I bet the same thing that happens when we go in with a LIST!! You end up with the extras -- the bold and zesty pickles, the fold up duffel bag, and the rubber spatulas. So actually we end up spending more probably that if we had gone somewhere else.

No comments: